Sunday, July 16, 2006

What do you see what you look at the moon?

I see the moon staring back at me.

The moon reminds me of a haiku I read in high school that was explained to me as being about this person reaching out for a dream and not being able to reach it. So I am reminded of lost dreams, sometimes, when I look at the moon.

Other times, when the moon is full, I am reminded of coyotes howling and of lonely people.

I also think: if God is like the sun shining light on everyone, then people are like the moon reflecting the light of the sun. People, like the moon, have more than one side and more than one phase. The moon and people have one side that brightly reflects light and another side that hordes darkness. The moon and people can sometimes show no light and other times be full of light. Can a moon become a sun? It would take a miracle. (Yet, many people dream of being stars. =P)

The moon haunts my thoughts and I wonder, when I look at the moon, what our faces look like.

3 Comments:

Blogger Avalanche Cowpoke said...

Hmmm... ...I think of footprints and the American Flag.
I remember that I learned that when taking pictures of the moon to use daylight settings on my camera for proper exposure.
I remember that our moon is just a tiny sample of God's immense creative ability...

7:16 AM  
Blogger Avalanche Cowpoke said...

ryc---Almond Butter? I should try it! Sounds like it would be gooooood... 8~)

5:01 AM  
Blogger Booker said...

ryc-don't even wait for a hushed one! I gave a very loud one upon the first reading...

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home