Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Nesting instinct

It turns out the scrubjay was attempting to be a martyr for a cause. Nearby my family's townhouse (ah, yes, we didn't move. did I mention that?) was its nest. I stumbled upon the family's tree today quite by accident, while walking "my" dog Sisi. It was trying to lure potential predators away from its nest.

I was thinking that people have a nesting instinct as well.
First we're babies in the nest crying for mom or dad.
Then we're kids playing around, testing our wings.
Then we're young adults flying about.

[Then (I've heard) the stage comes as a parent with a new nest.
Then those children leave the nest.
And empty-nest syndrome starts!
See what I have to look forward to? :oP]

Anyway, it sure is fun listening to chattering.
Having friends and family around is great.
I know why the free bird sings. :oP

3 Comments:

Blogger Akima(Aka Jennie) said...

Thanks for commenting and for the help!! I find your post is quite interesting too....it makes soo much sense and I have actually thought of it that way too...so thanks for the information and comment!!^.~

8:57 AM  
Blogger Booker said...

Ahah! vamping on all my contacts, are you? :-) ahhh well, I've done enough of that on Xanga to you :-)

2:17 PM  
Blogger Akima(Aka Jennie) said...

Hey thanks for commenting on my blog!! And the whole seminary and temple trip thing was for my church...I am a christain mormon...not moron...although it is really mistooken for that... Don't worry we aren't a cult...Have you ever been to the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints?

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home