Monday, May 29, 2006

crystal clean

I am NOT a morning person. So when I found out I could either be driven to the Rose Bowl early in the morning OR sleep in late and clean my room, I chose to do the latter. ^_^

It's amazing how much junk can be stored in a room 120 in. x 110 in. The big things inside my room includes a bunkbed (borrowed, will be returned before my family moves again next month), the bookcase (Yay! The only piece of furniture I bought! ^_^), a small dresser (used to be my brother's when he was little), file cabinent (my mother's), a desk (given to me), and portable wooden closet (my grandmother's). Hmph. My family moves too much, in my opinion.

I think one of the most difficult things for me to throw out, but what needs it the most, is all the papers I've collected: schoolwork, programs to musicals and plays I've attended, and a bunch of other paper junk I've collected. I think I'm going to try sorting them again today and throwing away as much as I can (hey! I've attached memories to some of these things!).

Then there's the clothes. Almost all my clothes have been given to my by other people. (The problem is that I have too many friends and female cousins that outgrow clothes that like handing them down to me.) Therefore, I have enough clothes to wear for a couple months without washing, if I desired. o.0) It's time to get rid of clothes! Therefore, I have decided to throw away or donate all the clothes , (excluding fancy dresses...they're expensive!) that I haven't worn for a couple months, to thrift stores. ^_^

The easy part is vacuuming and cleaning the windows and organizing what's being kept. Now, if I could only get myself to give a little more...hm...I wonder if the church has a Dorcus society.

4 Comments:

Blogger Avalanche Cowpoke said...

I've always been one o' them thar mornin' people---used ta get up in the 4-4:30A range for some years and many more years at 5:30A---now-a-days in my retired state I tend to sleep in most mornin's 'til 7A or so... ...never could handle late hours very well---seldom stay up 'til 11P often in bed by 9:30P. Are you one of those what we used to call "Night Owl" types? I used to work with a guy who never seemed able to do much in the way of anything that required reasonable efficiency in the morning hours but he'd be just gettin' goin' about Midnight... ...funny, ain't it, how folks seem to have different patterns... ...I've wondered sometimes whether it be inherited trait or adopted habit...

7:25 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

a/c: I prefer not getting up in the morning, but I will, if needed.

Oh, it's also possible that I prefer being a night owl because my mother was working 12 hour night shifts at two different hospitals while she was carrying me in the womb. (She works ICU/CCU and is cross-trained for ER, but sometimes she has to go to step-down or a floater unit.)

Yay. I tore papers into confetti.

6:41 PM  
Blogger Booker said...

Hurray for cleaning! :-) Get rid of the clutter...

3:19 AM  
Blogger Avalanche Cowpoke said...

ryc---That staying up late and rising early stuff can be brutal... ...I seem to recall working my usual 7A to 3:30P shift only to have a critical production machine go down around 3P---the usual overhaul time was 8 hours---I'd just keep on working 'til it was finished and get home some time after midnight only to rise again at 4:30A to be at work by 7A... ...I did this a number of times but is was downright tough! I was in my 30's those days and could handle it... ...now-a-days, NO WAY! I probably couldn't do it to save my life... ...folks seem to be able to handle a lot when they are young...

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home