Saturday, August 19, 2006

Hey Avalanche Cowpoke!
I'm not done with the funnies!
I want my section back! =P

Today I was thinking about ants.
You know, those little things that crawl around and get into everything!
Yet the Bible finds value in these annoying creatures: "Go to the ant you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise!" the writer of proverbs declares and continues later with: "Ants are creatures of little strength, yet they store up their food in the summer".
Hm. I find ants taking our food winter AND summer.
I have a relative of sorts that has ants tattooed on his legs, which makes no sense to me. He's never had to live with ants swarming into everything food-like that is not zip-locked tight.
Maybe the ants think my family lives in the summer all the time since it's almost always sunny.

I was also thinking about an event that involved other people drinking alcoholic beverages. That Thursday, everyone in the company I work for (excluding David C. who is halfway across the country) went to the president's house to celebrate my entering the company and a goodbye party for my friendly co-worker, Kea, leaving the company. The president hired a cook who made these wonderful appetizers and fettuchine alfredo and stir-fry. Thu (pronounced "two") wouldn't eat until after he had a drink of budwiser beer (no one else had that) and he said something about how his father and grandfather and all the guys in his family were alcoholics and how he wanted help with that but didn't know where to begin. Anyway, after we were done eating, someone said something about wanting champaign/wine/whatever it was so the president brought out a bottle of some expensive stuff from some other country *shrug* (I don't care) that had been sitting around for awhile. Jason poured a big glass for himself (he said he grew accustomed to the taste of wine in Texas when he was a wine tester there), a tall glass for alice (she said she drinks for special occasions), one for Kea (who at this point was on the verge of tears), one for Thu (who wanted as much alcohol as he could get [but the others were limiting him because we were going back to work and they wanted him to do a good job in the warehouse] and who said he didn't want any water on the side because he claims that would give him a headache 0.O. whatever.), and a small glass for the president (who barely drank any). I'm glad they were cool with me toasting them with my glass of water. =P Anyway, we went on a walk around the lake in the president's backyard and at the end there are these rocks you have to cross to get back to the pathway. I crossed just fine, but Kea was behind me and she slipped and fell and banged up her knee, which became very bloody very quickly. I grabbed her on the right and Jason grabbed her on the left (he was right behind her) and we half-carried her to a chair. I don't know if her unsteadiness was from what she had to drink or from being really sad about leaving the company or what. What I do know is that it didn't take too long for the president to run to the house, grab some first aid stuff, and come back. Kea administered first aid on herself and hobbled back to the house where we had two chocolate cakes waiting. One had her name on it (the other had mine). After we ate, we gave her the card that everyone signed and I gave her one that I'd created by hand and then the guys brought out the gift that we had decided on: an air purifier (she has severe asthma and we knew she's been wanting one). I was glad to see her so gleeful and shouting "I win!" one last time before she left. The president has her on insurance and made sure she went to the doctor to get checked out to make sure everything was okay and that she didn't get a hairline fracture or anything.

Haha, maybe I should stick to reading funnies.
Unhand that section, avalanche cowpoke!

5 Comments:

Blogger Booker said...

ryc-lots of ryc's here, lol...
Psalm-yeah, that psalm just strikes me as sad everytime I read it, but then to realize that famous line "if I forget thee, O Jerusalem", it is like a watchword among many people I know in our fellowship.

who knows, maybe Ol' Sol WAS talking about chocolate ;-)

television is just "easy", that is the conclusion I have come to. Not necessarily bad, but when you come to depend on it, then it IS bad.

and yes, Ryu is pretty much gone. he did too much to ever come back tho.

dancing is the LAST thing I want to do now. I need to sit still and relax :-)

about the unhairy pix. that whole subject just grosses me out. if I had realized it, I would have cropped the pix :-)

and glad to be of service about a postable idea.

and now to this post, lol.

trust that the outgoing girl has nothing more than some sliced skin. I must say, if I'd been in that situation[with all the alcohal I mean] I probably would have ended up saying something I would have regretted at a later time. me and my big mouth, lo.

and finally, I've written a little "political" email, but it is stuck on my lappie at home, so I don't know when it will get sent. but it HAS been written :-)

12:38 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

oh. i should mention that i have a new job; this is working as part of a business, not a library.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Booker said...

yet another round of ryc's :-)

communion: once a month, first sunday of the month. and for some reason I thot it was the first sunday of the month, lol :-)

Balance: yeah, I was def going for something symbolic there. I have to say, I thot it was my best Haiku to date-if you notice, the lines of the first verse correspond[uppercase, lowercase, mixed] with the following verses :-)

and I think that is it...

6:11 PM  
Blogger Avalanche Cowpoke said...

UH OH!!! The funnies just got torn asunder 8~)... ...actually---my wife is the funnies reader in our house---she reads them online most mornings... ...tell more of your new job---what are your duties?---is it a career position or...?

5:58 AM  
Blogger Akima(Aka Jennie) said...

Wow that's sounds eventful!! Thanks for commenting and I am very proud to be an anime nerd...well kind of proud. I'm glad that you didn't drink and that they were not pusshing you to it. Good for you!!^.^

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home